Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
When a client with dementia issues begins services with us, our nurses complete an initial assessment and subsequent follow-up visits.
During those visits, our nurses assess the client’s current neurological and physical status and abilities. They then help the family implement a cognitive stimulation program at home.
What is Cognitive Stimulation for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Patients?
These are activities that provide cognitive stimulation for both mental and social functioning.
Cognitive stimulation can be administered by CNAs and family caregivers and tailored to the affected individual's specific interests and abilities.
Here are some examples:
- Thinking – puzzles, games, reading
- Physical – take a walk, arm and leg exercises, dancing
- Social – visiting with family and friends, senior center activities
- Chores – folding the laundry, setting the table, feeding the pets
- Creative – arts and crafts projects, painting, playing music or singing
- Daily living – taking a shower, brushing teeth, eating, getting dressed
Because of our dedication and specialization in clients with dementia, Affordable Family Home Care has been awarded the 2017 and 2018 Top Home Care Award by SeniorAdvisor.com
Our Office Locations
Affordable Family Care Services in Raleigh
Raleigh, NC 27615
Affordable Family Care Services in Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27409
Affordable Family Care Services in Burlington
Burlington, NC 27215